Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is a type of fungus that grows and thrives in moist and damp environments. It is often found in areas of the home that are exposed to high levels of moisture, such as basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.
Mold can cause a range of health problems, including respiratory issues, allergies, and skin irritation. It can also cause damage to your home's structure and decrease its overall value.
To prevent mold from growing in your home, it is important to keep your environment dry and well-ventilated. This can be achieved by:
Controlling humidity levels: Mold thrives in environments with high humidity levels, so it's important to keep the humidity levels in your home below 60 percent. This can be achieved through the use of dehumidifiers and air conditioning units.
Proper ventilation: Proper ventilation is important in preventing mold growth. Make sure your home's ventilation system is working properly and open windows and doors to allow for air flow.
Repair leaks: Water leaks should be repaired as soon as they are noticed, as they create a moist environment that is ideal for mold growth.
Clean up spills and standing water: Any spills or standing water should be cleaned up promptly to prevent mold growth.
Regular cleaning: Regular cleaning of your home's surfaces can prevent the growth of mold. Use mold-killing products such as bleach to clean surfaces that are susceptible to mold growth.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (920) 832-1110
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Appleton?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (920) 832-1110
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Appleton is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: